Director adiLab/aMIL - Process Engineering (m/f)
At adidas Group, our love of sport drives who we are and what we do. But just as a ball is more than leather and thread, and a shoe more than padding and plastic, we are bigger than our products. We don’t just work to create faster shoes and lighter fabrics: We strive to help athletes everywhere perform their best. We believe that it’s hard work inventing the future of sport, and that’s why we love it; that when you push your limits, you make it possible for others to push theirs.
At adidas Group, this drive it what connects us, whether we’re working for TaylorMade, adidas, Reebok, or Rockport. We’re all working toward a future motivated by passion, original thinking, and the desire to build upon a proud legacy.
adidas Manufacturing Innovation FW
Do you have the ambition to go ‘all in’ and apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Can you drive cross functional projects by employing excellent organisational skills and attention to detail? Do you want to help shape the future of sport by helping to shape the way we make product? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Have you ever dreamed about applying your potential to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas Manufacturing Innovation team is currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals wanting to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative we want to hire the best talents to join our newly created adiLab team (adidas Manufacturing Innovation Lab) in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture our product. The adidas Manufacture Innovation team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear manufacturing innovation projects, driven to create the best for the Brand and the athlete.As an adiLab team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your competence towards advanced company projects.
Role Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Enable market leading concepts, components and products by developing and optimizing innovative materials and processing systems
- Develop relationships with external partners to ensure processes meet project objectives
- Set targets and drive improvement of systems for maintaining quality materials and components from machine processes
- Design initiatives to optimize assembly plant processing systems for throughput, cost, and sustainability
- Facilitate scale-up from prototype-level material processing lines to production-scale systems
- Identify and collaborate with external partners to develop programs that monitor the health of individual processes on existing and new production lines
- Oversee initialization of new assembly lines, ensuring individual bonding, knitting, foaming, and polymer welding processes run within specification
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Curiosity for science and engineering along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- University degree in a relevant field
- 10 years of working experiences
- Fluent English (required), German (advantageous)
- Communicate and negotiate effectively
- Cooperate well, develop and maintain relationships
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Plan working time efficiently, balancing short term tasks with long term goals
- Strong analytical skills, solution driven and result oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally